- Snow Sports Specialty Shop sales decreased 5% overall in dollars sold through December to $1.4B nationwide. Northeastern specialty shops’ sales fell 16% to $390M, Midwestern specialty shops’ sales fell 19% to $211M and specialty retailers in the South saw sales fall 3% to $209M. The West region which covers the Pacific West and the Rocky Mountain areas enjoyed a 13% increase in sales to $554M. Chain Store Sales decreased 7% to $768M through December. Online Sales were flat to slightly down at $716M through December.
For more information about snow sports research and market intelligence products including retail, wholesale, consumer, participation and special reports, please contact SIA’s Consumer Insights Manager, Agy Ozdowski at [email protected] or visit Snowsports.org/research.
SIA releases the top line results for snow sports retail seven times each season from November to May covering results of retail sales made between August 1 and March 31 each season. Topline/category retail sales data for the snow sports market is available as a member benefit to all SIA members. In addition, you gain free access to topline data for the Running, Outdoor and Paddle Sports when you register. The topline data is accessible on a 24/7/365 basis on The NPD Group’s proprietary user interface, the DecisionKey® data portal.
The NPD Group’s Decision Key® 2015/2016 season release schedule:
- December 15, 2015: August – October
- January 15, 2016: August – November
- February, 25, 2016: August – December
- March 15, 2016: August – January
- April 15, 2016: August – February
- May 15, 2016: August – March