SIA's Education Events at OR Summer 2021
Join us for in-person education events at OR Summer this year! Schedule is below:
A Conversation on Climate, Equity, and the Outdoors
DAY 1 - Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 1-2 pm MDT; Colorado Convention Center, Meeting Room 400
Join us as we take an in-depth look at what it means to be an explorer and how by shifting our perspective, we open our eyes to a greater audience. We’ll examine how storytelling and authenticity can lead to increased inclusivity and examine what it means to be a leader in the space.
- Conrad Anker, The North Face athlete
- Stan Evans, Photographer
- Dhani Jones, former NFL player
The Boom is Just the Beginning
Day 1, Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 2-3 pm MDT; Colorado Convention Center, Meeting Room 400
The pandemic has given the outdoor industry a tremendous gift: a new generation of outdoor enthusiasts looking to get more involved and connect with the community around their sport. Hear how the outdoor, snowsports, and bike industries are reaching this growing audience and embracing technology to engage with the new enthusiasts and build community. Our panel will discuss consumer trends and outline clear, actionable opportunities to keep the momentum going. The boom is just the beginning!
- Dr Jennifer Boldry, Naxion
- Tobie DePauw, PeopleForBikes
- Patrick Hogan, PeopleForBikes
- Stephanie Maez, Outdoor Foundation
- Nick Sargent, Snowsports Industries America
The Intersection of Technology and Innovation
Day 2, Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 1-2 pm MDT; Colorado Convention Center, Meeting Room 400
Over the past year we have all adopted new technologies and innovates our businesses at a rapid pace. Let’s look at what works and is here to stay for the long haul. We’ll also look at current trends, best practices and what’s next. How do we harness technology to not only grow and streamline our businesses and in turn giving our consumers what they not only need but demand?
- Mike Bhanos, Business Development, AvantLink
- Klint Rudolph, Partner, Xcite Media Group LLC
- Teddy Schiavoni, Partner & VP Business Development, Locally
- Ben Barenholtz, VP of Marketing, Quivers
- Grant Effinger, Senior SEO Strategist, SocialSEO