Creating a positive change in the winter outdoor industry
A workshop for 21st Century Leaders
Do you aspire to lead transformation in your business and the winter outdoor industry? This limited-space workshop series is for you!
Discover what you need to know to be a catalyst for positive, productive change on the most crucial topics fundamentally shaping the future of our industry: inclusion, climate, and putting the consumer first.
Participants will hear from expert speakers, address specific issues facing the winter outdoor industry, workshop solutions and commit to implementing a specified change.
Over the course of the five sessions, participants will learn the importance of 21st century leadership skills and how they play a role in addressing hurdles and creating positive change within their own domains.
At the conclusion individuals will set a personal or business goals and be provided with the tools, resources, and support to help achieve them.
The five sessions run bi-weekly and will cover the following topics:
- Week 1 – Leadership: Equip yourself to lead business and industry change with wisdom, courage, and conviction
- Week 2 – Climate: Climate strategies for small and medium-sized companies: achievable options for businesses
- Week 3 – Inclusion: Diversity is a fact; Inclusion is a choice: Inclusion guidance – “You are not alone”
- Week 4 – Consumer: A new mindset: meeting the consumer where they are
- Week 5 – Community Building: How to be an Effective Change Leader
When: Dates are still TBD
- Anyone who works for an organization within the winter outdoor community is welcome to apply.
- Selections will be made to ensure representation across the country and industry facets.
- Final participants will be selected by SIA and granted a scholarship for participation if they are an SIA member employee. Otherwise the cost is $750 for non-members.
- Space is limited.
Where: Sessions will take place virtually, dates still TBD
Please note, participation requires commitment through end of the program and willingness to share, learn and grow personally to bring change to the industry. Pre-work will include a required reading of The Fresh Tracks Playbook which will be provided to you.
- 5 virtual session commitment meeting bi-weekly
- 90-minute sessions (10 min intro, 20 min content, 45 min group breakout, 15 presentation & wrap-up)
- Zoom meetings, camera on, ready to participate
- Up to 50 participants
- Each session will focus on a specific topic led by an expert, there will be a set of pre-identified questions to kick off the discussion